Work at Salsa
Front of house crew
We’re getting ready for a bumper season and we’re looking for fabulous floor & bar staff to join our team!
If you’re a hospitality legend with a few years experience in a similar environment, we want to hear from you. A permanent position with sick leave & holiday pay is open to the right applicant, so apply now and join us for some fun this winter, here in paradise.
Send your resume to Rhys – email@example.com
Chef de Partie
Are you an awesome chef seeking a great work / life balance in the tropics? Want to continue to learn more skills while pumping out service in one of Port Douglas’ most awarded restaurants. Great food, great service and good times are what we’re all about here at Salsa and we’re expanding our team for a busy, busy year!
Salsa is currently seeking an enthusiastic Chef de Partie to join our fast paced, vibrant team on a 5 day per week roster. Work with our talented team of international and Australian chefs, learn fine crafts like butchery & cheese making from Head Chef Goran Zonai and live and work in one of the best towns in the country, Port Douglas.
Days off you can experience the Great Barrier Reef, explore the Daintree Rainforest, follow the food bowl of the Atherton Tablelands or simply chill with beers and tunes at one of our local pubs. Sunshine, good food, good times and a great lifestyle – doesn’t get much better than that!
– Full unrestricted Australian work rights
– Minimum 4 years experience in similar kitchen environment
– Minimum Cert III in Commercial Cookery
– Strong communication skills
– Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment
– Ability to “job share” through all sections
– Commitment to ongoing professional development
– Ability to handle high-stress situations
Pay & Benefits
Competitive pay rate: this is a full time position with a competitive hourly award rate on offer, includes holiday & sick pay + superannuation
Secure ongoing role: long term ongoing employment with the hopes of you staying and making your career with us
Beautiful location: close to the Daintree and the spectacular Great Barrier Reef, fishing and boating experiences
Work/Life balance: being located so close to all the amazing opportunities on offer, we encourage a good work/life balance and are committed to not overworking our team
Job Type: FULL TIME CHEF DE PARTIEApply now
As we approach our busy season, we’re looking for a passionate hospitality specialist to join our team.
The person we are looking for to fill the role of assistant manager will be someone with the right attitude & flexibility to work within a team environment, you will be responsible for the daily operations of the restaurant with the restaurant manager. This position has the highest focus on customer service & team management.
In this role your duties will include:
- Overseeing all front and back of the house restaurant operations.
- Liaising with the kitchen and maintain quality control for all food served
- Induction of new staff, ensuring that they are shown all the standards & procedures & are provided with all the paperwork required.
- Rostering & signing off on hours worked
- Implementation of staff training to all new & existing staff.
- Attending weekly management meetings
The successful applicant for this role will have:
- Current RSA
- Certificate IV in Hospitality is advantageous
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred
- À la carte experience
- An understanding of stock control and cost management
What’s in it for you?
- Supportive management and collaborative team
- Opportunity for career progression
- Stability in a permanent full-time position
If the above sounds like you and you’d like to join a great well-established business in one of Australia’s best locations, we want to hear from you!
Your application will include the following questions: